Thursday, September 29, 2011

I am officially becoming paranoid

I have been unintentionally reading way too many stories lately about insect infestations and very ill children (not necessarily in the same story). Thanks to Cassidy McFadzean, I have begun checking my bed for bugs before I go to bed at night and am afraid to go to garage sales. Thanks to Alexander MacLeod, tonight, while I was at the Backyardigans with my children, all I could do was stare at strangers' heads and worry about the likelihood that one of the thousand children there might have lice that might attach to my own kids. Yesterday was cowboy day at the elementary school and I was unnaturally fearful that they might share hats. And all the stories about ill children are only exacerbating my own fears about losing my kids. I've been having enough trouble sleeping already this semester, and all of this is not helping.

3 comments:

  1. Both stories for today's class made me really question ever having children..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a dream I had huge boils all over me, and when I squeezed them like a pimples these gross white wormy things came oozing out of me...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I dislike ticks. My son had them. I did not appreciate them. As soon as they come into your house, you suddenly become very aware of every itch you feel on your head.

    ReplyDelete