Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Insight from a student colleague

Thank you to Kelli for offering to give me "music to write by," which I thought was the name of a band. Apparently, the CDs in my vehicle (Kesha, Jennifer Lopez, Hannah Montana, Demi Lovato, Pink's Greatest Hits, and the soundtrack to that excellent animated Brazilian bird movie, Rio), which my children so enjoy, are not what one would normally call "inspirational." Who knew? Thanks, Kel. I will come armed with my flash drive asap.

1 comment:

  1. Er... Hmm. I hope I didn't offend you; I wasn't trying to imply that there's something wrong with what you listen to. I just got the impression that you don't really enjoy it. And I wasn't trying to force my bizarre ways onto your life or your method. Some people write with music, and whether it's Kesha or David Bowie or Iron Maiden or Shostakovich or Chet Baker doesn't really matter. Some people need absolute silence. You know. Whatever works... even if it's Tik Tok...

    ReplyDelete